Luminess Air - Deceptive Advertisement

94 of 908 Luminess Air reviews

I ordered the Luminess Airbrush System after seeing an advertisement and demo on late night TV.What was not said in the advert was that the $24.91 for a 30 day trial was not the entire price of the product but I owed another $338.61 for the product.

I am returning the product as it is a money back guarantee except for $4.95 postage.I never agreed to pay $300+ for this product. I will not try and will returned unopened and unused. I found out about the deception after receiving the product and checking the packing slip. I was looking forward to trying the product but after reading about the additional cost , I decided I no longer wanted it.

It felt as if I and been scammed into purchasing the product. There should be a law that forces product manufactures to be truthful about the price and content of their products.

The manufacturers then make it difficult to return the product if you are not satisfied.Any continuing order with this company will be cancelled.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Product or service
Review category
Cosmetics and Toiletries
review #899105

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Luminess Air? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
94 of 908 Luminess Air reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Hi Agnes,
We would like to apologize for any misunderstanding there may have been regarding the 30 day in home trial offer. Here at Luminess Air, we do believe in full disclosure of all Terms and Conditions and are not in business to scam our customers. We provide a return within 30 days with a Return Authorization Number attached to package. Once the package is received back into our warehouse, all payments are cancelled for your system. We would be more than happy to speak with you regarding this matter, if you could please contact us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST. We are also able to check the status of your return and go over any Terms, so that yo may have a better understanding of the 30 day in home trial offer.

Agnes

Sep 14 #1212928 Bowie, Maryland, United States

Your response is totally inadequate.Your terms and conditions are absolutely the most ridiculous of any company I have ever dealt with. Why do you make it so difficult? I read many complaints against this company and find it amazing that you stay in business. But then you lie to people and then not refund their money when they are dissatisfied. You are really racking up the dollars. If this company is not scamming customers, why don't you just refund their money and avoid all of the negative publicity? You try too hard to convince the customers they are somehow in the wrong and you hang onto the money. If that's not an underhanded way of doing business, I don't know what is.
Everybody there should be ashamed.

Aug 16 #1199779 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Looked at my bank statement and found they were taking money out of my account and I was receiving nothing. Called to see what they where charging me for and they said it was a automatic shipment. I haven't re dice anything!! Have to cancel credit card to stop the charges. Then they charged a late fee instead of calling to see why it was stopped. Very bad customer service. Do not give them a credit card number. They will just keep adding chargers on with out you knowing.

1 1 Reply

Aug 26 #1204319 Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

I think the only way you can stop this is to cancel your credit card. Then it shouldn't matter if the add late charges can't get it from your card anymore. It is absolutely disgusting that you even have to take steps like that
I wish I would have the smarts to be a lawyer....

0 1 Reply

Hi There,
Luminess Air offers a 30 day in home trial for customers to try the Airbrush System before purchasing. Customers not satisfied with the system within 30 days may simply return the system to cancel account. After 30 days, Luminess does fully disclose that there are monthly payments for the system. We also automatically ship refills of foundation, which may be cancelled before or at any time.The link provided below directs you to Terms that must be agreed upon before orders can be placed with us here at Luminess Air. http://www.luminessair.com/purchase_terms.htm

Aug 31 #1206308 Milton, Washington, United States

I did think about purchasing this product but after reading ALL the negative reviews decided against it. Why don't Luminesse broadcast the full cost of the product at the very beginning of the advertisement, surely that would be the most honest thing to do.

3 0

Hi There,
We do apologize for the confusion there may be. Late fees are only added to payments that are late for the Airbrush System. However, there is absolutely no obligation to receive automatic shipments of makeup, as it may be cancelled at any time. Please give our Customer Service a call at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST, so that we may go over the account with you and clarify any concerns you may have.

Aug 14 #1198781 Pompano Beach, Florida, United States

So glad u shared this, I'll only order off eBay or get from store, that is so deceiving and what a horrible taste to leave with potential consumers, thank you again for sharing.

3 2 Reply

Aug 13 #1198363

If you listen to the commercial they say it's $19.95 to "TRY" the Luminess Air. As soon as I heard that I knew it was going to be a pricey product. I went on line to see what the full price was and yup $299.00.

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.