3K views
With Company response Not resolved

I ordered the Luminess Airbrush System after seeing an advertisement and demo on late night TV. What was not said in the advert was that the $24.91 for a 30 day trial was not the entire price of the product but I owed another $338.61 for the product.

I am returning the product as it is a money back guarantee except for $4.95 postage.I never agreed to pay $300+ for this product. I will not try and will returned unopened and unused. I found out about the deception after receiving the product and checking the packing slip. I was looking forward to trying the product but after reading about the additional cost , I decided I no longer wanted it.

It felt as if I and been scammed into purchasing the product. There should be a law that forces product manufactures to be truthful about the price and content of their products.

The manufacturers then make it difficult to return the product if you are not satisfied. Any continuing order with this company will be cancelled.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of only able to contact m f 830 530 cst and hours not compatible. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of luminess air airbrush makeup and associated monetary loss in the amount of $25. Luminess Air needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned luminess air airbrush makeup in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Luminess Air.

Comments

I ALSO RECENTLY PURCHASED THE LUMINESS AIRBRUSH FROM THE LATE NIGHT INFOMERCIAL FOR $29.99 & WAS NOT AWARE THAT IT WAS NOT THE FINAL PRICE UNTIL I NOTICED RECENTLY THAT THEY'VE CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD $45 TO $65 EVERY FEW MONTHS UNTIL THEY RECEIVED OVER $200 SO FAR WHICH I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR. WHEN I CALLED THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE A COUPLE DAYS AGO, THE GUY WHO ANSWERED IF I DIDN'T RECEIVE THE INFO PACKET ALONG WITH THE PRODUCT STATING THE AMOUNT I PAID WAS ONLY FOR A TRIAL AND IF I KEPT IT, THAT MEANT I AGREED TO PAY THE OUTRAGEOUS $300+ THAT THEY ACTUALLY CHARGE FOR 'THE SYSTEM" AS HE CALLED IT. I LET HIM KNOW IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS THAT THEIR AD IS DECEPTIVE BECAUSE NO WHERE IN THAT COMMERCIAL DOES IT SAY YOU'LL BE PAYING $200 TO $300.

First off if this really worked people wouldnt.be doing face lifts and all that if you look when they are putting on the make up one lady has a mole that is sticking out no make up is going to make it just go away its still going to stick out only way its not is to have it cut off and this air brush is putting make up all over your face but it dosent get in your hair i havent bought one and wont just watching it on tv shows its fraud so people be smart

Totally agree with you.. same thing happened to me, Luminess is a total scam! DO NOT make any purchase of their products!

#1205308

Hi Agnes,

We would like to apologize for any misunderstanding there may have been regarding the 30 day in home trial offer. Here at Luminess Air, we do believe in full disclosure of all Terms and Conditions and are not in business to scam our customers.

We provide a return within 30 days with a Return Authorization Number attached to package. Once the package is received back into our warehouse, all payments are cancelled for your system.

We would be more than happy to speak with you regarding this matter, if you could please contact us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST. We are also able to check the status of your return and go over any Terms, so that yo may have a better understanding of the 30 day in home trial offer.

to Luminess Air Response Bowie, Maryland, United States #1212928

Your response is totally inadequate.Your terms and conditions are absolutely the most ridiculous of any company I have ever dealt with. Why do you make it so difficult?

I read many complaints against this company and find it amazing that you stay in business. But then you lie to people and then not refund their money when they are dissatisfied. You are really racking up the dollars. If this company is not scamming customers, why don't you just refund their money and avoid all of the negative publicity?

You try too hard to convince the customers they are somehow in the wrong and you hang onto the money. If that's not an underhanded way of doing business, I don't know what is.

Everybody there should be ashamed.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #1199779

Looked at my bank statement and found they were taking money out of my account and I was receiving nothing. Called to see what they where charging me for and they said it was a automatic shipment.

I haven't re dice anything!! Have to cancel credit card to stop the charges. Then they charged a late fee instead of calling to see why it was stopped. Very bad customer service.

Do not give them a credit card number. They will just keep adding chargers on with out you knowing.

to Anonymous Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States #1204319

I think the only way you can stop this is to cancel your credit card. Then it shouldn't matter if the add late charges can't get it from your card anymore. It is absolutely disgusting that you even have to take steps like that

I wish I would have the smarts to be a lawyer....

to Anonymous #1205318

Hi There,

Luminess Air offers a 30 day in home trial for customers to try the Airbrush System before purchasing. Customers not satisfied with the system within 30 days may simply return the system to cancel account.

After 30 days, Luminess does fully disclose that there are monthly payments for the system.

We also automatically ship refills of foundation, which may be cancelled before or at any time.The link provided below directs you to Terms that must be agreed upon before orders can be placed with us here at Luminess Air. http://www.luminessair.com/purchase_terms.htm

to Luminess Air Response Milton, Washington, United States #1206308

I did think about purchasing this product but after reading ALL the negative reviews decided against it. Why don't Luminesse broadcast the full cost of the product at the very beginning of the advertisement, surely that would be the most honest thing to do.

to Luminess Air Response #1491751

Number one I was lied to about the number of days extension on my product try out but my real question to luminescent is wh Number one I was lied to about the number of days extension on my product try but my real question is It took me weeks to respond to my first email stating that I did not want any make up sent to me or to be placed On any subscription list.I noticed that you waited until after sending me a packet of make up to then cancel my subscription. That was a little weight on your part yet you blamed me. Also if you’re going to mail foundation monthly to people why change the shade I’m a sheet to three and you mail me shades for work and an eyeshadow I don’t even wear eyeshadow how do you even come up with what you’re randomly going to send people and then take their money?It’s bad enough I’m stuck with this damn machine

to Anonymous #1543683

I closed my credit card and the bank put charges in my primary account, which is how I realized they werestill charging me for things I have not received. Luminesses’ response just shows that they will say anything to their people that put their trust in the company and they have damaged their own reputation!

I have experienced the same issues as others, including being charged for products both returned and not received. I sent them my return package with all but one item intact: the spray in the box, which was never used.

I even included my tracking number in the package. After I saw multiple charges, I took action with both the company, and my bank’s fraud department.

to Anonymous #1205312

Hi There,

We do apologize for the confusion there may be. Late fees are only added to payments that are late for the Airbrush System.

However, there is absolutely no obligation to receive automatic shipments of makeup, as it may be cancelled at any time. Please give our Customer Service a call at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST, so that we may go over the account with you and clarify any concerns you may have.

to Luminess Air Response #1322496

My thing is if this is such a good product why is it not sold in stores for us to try it first that's what makes me think twice and probably 1 million other people !

to Anonymous #1491750

Same here! I feel your pain. It’s Unfair and makes me so mad but these businesses do this kind of stuff and it makes me leery of trying things or buying things online

Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1198781

So glad u shared this, I'll only order off eBay or get from store, that is so deceiving and what a horrible taste to leave with potential consumers, thank you again for sharing.

#1198363

If you listen to the commercial they say it's $19.95 to "TRY" the Luminess Air. As soon as I heard that I knew it was going to be a pricey product. I went on line to see what the full price was and yup $299.00.