2K views
With Company response Not resolved

My 80 year old mother-in-law ordered "a spray you put on your face so you don't need makeup" (her words), for $19.95 off of an infomercial. Three months later, she realizes Luminess has charged her over $400!! She never opened the airbrush and will never use it - she had no idea what she was getting. I contacted the company to explain this to them - they originally stated that she had two more payments due and "they would have to be paid", since I was beyond the 30 day return policy. Then I mentioned, "Well, I guess that will have to be a collections issue because she has already cancelled her debit card so there's no way you can bill her any more payments. And I'd like to return the unit (unopened) and get a refund!" They transferred me to someone who said they could confirm that there would be no more payments billed to her (of course - they can't now) but refused to do anything more. I think it's terrible that they take advantage of the elderly and people who are not clearly understanding that this thing costs nearly $600!

She also tried to order another item on tv and the customer service person clearly explained that the item didn't cost $19.95 - that was just to "try it", but that it actually cost $125! Mom was shocked and said "Well I don't want it then!" and the order process was terminated. If only the shysters at Luminess were as honest with their customers - I wonder how many other 80 year old ladies are out $600 because of their dishonesty!

sivuh5@yahoo.com

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of infomercial small print ie video enhanced and misleading the price. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of luminess air airbrush makeup system free trial and associated monetary loss in the amount of $539. Luminess Air needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned luminess air airbrush makeup system free trial in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Luminess Air.

Had an Experience with Luminess Air?

Comments

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1212930

There are policies in place for a reason, and I doubt they did it due to her age.Not to be mean, but if she isn't as sharp as she used to be, maybe she needs to be looked after more closely and have credit cards put in a safe place, have her review orders with someone before placing them, etc.

I know first hand.It's sad but unfortunately it happens.

Norman, Oklahoma, United States #1212816

Same thing happen to my wife It just so happen she used a debit card that was the last month for it and they could not charge it again. HA HA

Oxford, Alabama, United States #1207870

Thanks, will not buy!

LuminessAir
#1205838
Luminess Air Response

Hi Susan,

On behalf of Luminess Air, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused.Please know that Luminess Air has no way to determine the age of our customers who may place an order with us and we are not allowed to deny the rights of a customer wanting to place an order.

We do however fully disclose all Terms and Conditions and make sure Terms are agreed upon before an order is placed. As I review the account, I do see that there are 2 different systems that were ordered. This caused payments to be twice as much as they normally are.

I can definitely understand how this can be frustrating and would like to help you with this.May you please send me a personal email at Ashley@luminessair.com, I would love to speak with you regarding this matter and further assist you.

to Luminess Air Response Natick, Massachusetts, United States #1206756

This is so sad what you've done to this woman.You apologizing doesn't give her back her money.

Also reading the terms and conditions, it says you try this for 30 days and then you'll get refills for 39.95$ thereafter from 2 months and on and it doesn't say anything about getting charged 125$ at all. You are at fault and she deserves everything back and to return what she hasn't used. Rightfully it is what you should do. I almost purchased this today and I'm one who won't so you lose my money and my trust and I'm grateful for this woman's review cause it shows me how shiesty you really are.

You think apologizing fixes things but it doesn't and I'll be letting ppl know to research the reviews. This woman may not receive her money from you so due to her review she gains from me not purchasing your product!!! I do reviews all over and I get called to do them cause I am a very trusting source and her review will be added to my reviews to warn ppl. It will be added to my pages and everything I can do to help.

Your reason for not giving her her money back has no weight cause there's nothing about this extra money you charged her in your own terms and conditions. I'm also so tired of you ppl thinking saying I'm sorry fixes things. It only helps you so you look like you did something about it. It's sad and hurtful to see how you ppl do your jobs and YOU'RE so fake cause all you care about is keeping the money.

Well not mine or any one person I know...

If I'm getting it wrong please tell me cause that's what I understand and obviously you're not sending out the correct information so your at fault!!! Taking advantage of a 80 year old woman??

This is sad.I'm in my 40's and this is my understanding of what your terms are and you not paying her back, your argument for that holds no weight whatsoever!!!

LuminessAir
to Anonymous #1206853
Luminess Air Response

Hi There,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to communicate your opinion online.However, the 80 year old in whom ordered the system is not writing the review her daughter in law, who did not order with us is.

Terms for the 30 day trial are being broken as the system is 5 months outside of the trial period and a refund is being granted in this case. Matters are handled personally offline,which is why there is no further dialogue on the comments.Please know that the Luminess Air replies are left to resolve issues and any misunderstandings there may be with our company. If you would like to review the Terms and Conditions for the 30 day in home trial, they are located on the very first page on our website when "order now" is clicked. The Terms fully state "Luminess Airbrush Makeup System Kit – TV Offer

*30 DAY TRIAL $19.95 INCLUDES FREE SHIPPING!

After 30 days, the Luminess System is yours for only 5 easy payments of 59.99".

We also have full price Airbrush Systems for customers who prefer not to do monthly payments.

Your concern for others is much appreciated and I do want you to know that Luminess Air is an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau and have been for many years.Please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST, if you have any questions or concerns or would like the correct information regarding the presented 30 day in home trial...

to Luminess Air Response #1356409

You lie I was not told any of this when I ordered on phone you are a scam