124 views
Verified Reviewer

For weeks I studied the advertisement on TV and their website looking for any hidden fees on this product, especially after I discovered that to buy a second air brush for myself (the first one for my daughter's birthday gift) would cost nearly $300. Satisfied that I could just buy the one air brush for the low price of $29.99, I went ahead and made the purchase.

It wasn't until I received a pink letter in the mail stating that I was behind in payments on the airbrush that it became known to me that I had to make three or four more payments of nearly $60 each for the only air brush I purchased. So I called to find out what this was about. After a lot of arguing that they did not reveal this information when I placed the order and them denying there was anything untoward, we agreed that my daughter would return the unopened package containing the airbrush to them at her own expense. They received it at the very moment that I made my follow up call for the refund and said they would refund the money to my bank account (debit card).

I told them that the account had been closed since the purchase and that I would not get the money and they needed to send me a check. They declined to do that, stating that policy was to return it to the original account. They said they had contacted my bank and that the bank would forward the money to me without any trouble. I called the bank a few days later and the bank said they did not receive the money nor is it there policy to forward the money to anyone if the account is closed.

So I called Luminess back. I told the kid who answered that I needed to speak to his supervisor's supervisor because what I had to discuss was way above his paygrade. He said he would do so but then said his supervisor wanted him to take the call. So I explained my situation and again requested to speak with the supervisor.

He said the supervisor was too busy to take my call. I insisted he go above his supervisor and let me speak to someone else. He put me on hold and the supervisor came on the line. I told the supervisor my situation and she insisted that I would get my refund sent to the account from which it was paid.

I reminded her that the account was closed and that the money was sent back to Luminess and she denied that they had received the money back. I asked to speak with her supervisor. I went through the situation again and was told that my complaint would be sent to the billing office--who called me same day to tell me that they could only send it to the bank debit card account. I told them I wanted to speak with someone who had the authority to cut me a check.

Yes there was a lot of screaming on my part for being jerked around and getting no cooperation. I told this person that the money would keep going back and forth for eternity unless and until they cut me a check--and they could just go down to Walmart and get me a money order if they didn't have any checks.

So they promised again to call me back with a solution and I told them they better or else I would be contacting Sean Mehta, the president, Patricia Tanner, the Vice President, Aaron Wilcox, COO and Andrew Videira, Global VP.. Their address is 12802 Capricorn Street, Stafford, TX 77477

User's recommendation: Do not even think about buying their products.

Product or Service Mentioned: Luminess Air Face Makeup Brush.

Comments