4.4K views
With Company response Not resolved

I saw the tv ad that showed pricing to be $29.95. Upon receipt of product I read the packing list and found that they were going to require 5 monthly payments of $69.99 plus payments every month of $39.95 plus S&H for foundation!!!

I was never advised of the payment schedule when I called the company to order the product. I was offered the choice of ordering more foundation but turned it down. I had also gone on their website to see if the offer was a valid one and it was also posted on their website at $29.95.

I would never order makeup that would cost me $450 plus additional future payments for the foundation. Returned product same day!

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to issue a full refund. The author is overall dissatisfied with Luminess Air and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about luminess air foundation from Luminess Air was price and being taken advantage of Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Luminess Air.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cosmetics and Personal Care category for more informed decision or compare Luminess Air to other companies on our site.

Comments

#1411983

I was very close to ordering . 19.95 then 39.00 for 3 months.

Then I read the terms under Luminess Club. Another 39.00 a month to get the foundation?

Have to belong to club to receive the foundation every couple months? I'm still unclear so I decided no.

Luminess Air is a really bad company. Sent back their stuff so long ago.

2014 early 2015 and now here is it 2017 found stuff on my credit report and after researching found out that it was them. Dont buy anything from their bad company.

now I have to fight with debt collector. Almost 3 years later.

to Anonymous #1451945

How is it on your credit report. They don’t ask for your social security number?

The very same thing happened to me!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1259834

Thank you for posting a review. I did not read all reviews, but it seems, from what I have read from consumers, most feedback is negative.

It says right on the Comercial "after 30 days you will have 5 payments of 69.99 charged to your credit card on file!" Pay attention people!

pjohnson301
to Anonymous #1165647

If you go to website, you'll see that a price is not nailed down. Many products use same sneaky tactics

to pjohnson301 #1457967

It's an okay product but not woth all it cost

I ordered this system from a tv shopping channel a couple of years ago, plus I went on line and ordered extra make-up. I was somewhat satisfied at first while I was getting used to using it correctly.

Before I was proficient in using this product the machine fell apart(the sprayer). I had already had it past the 30 days return policy so I couldn't send it back. Unlike some of the people on here I only paid $145.00 for the original order which I now feel was outragous considering I only got to use it for a little over a month.

Such a shame that people are getting ripped off like this. I don't blame the shopping channel as they have been terrific when something has been returned for a full refund.

to Anonymous #1040189

Hi There,

Please know that all Luminess Airbrush System's has a 1 year manufacture warranty, with proof of purchase. There is also no way for the stylus(sprayer) to fall apart unless it is unscrewed or dropped.

We have a very helpful video called " Rebuilding Your Stylus" (https://youtu.be/b4iW-CM1_QE), which helps customers 95% of the time.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST. Please also know that if you ever have any problems with any companies product, contact the company and they are almost always willing to help :)

to Luminess Air Response Conway, Arkansas, United States #1261884

Rude customer service is what you call willing to help?

That is what you call false advertising! I also watched the infomercial and I found it to be very misleading.

That's the problem with all of the products that you see advertised on television they always say it's a trial and they don't put the full purchase amount of the product, at least not until you've given them you're credit card number. I can't believe that companies can get away with this. I mean who really can afford to spend $450.00 just for the first purchase then a monthly fee on top of that!

Luminess I think you need to rethink you're pricing strategy on this item. The cost of you're products are just outrageous!!!

to Anonymous #1273583

It's NOT false advertising! You even said it yourself, "they always say it's a trial and they don't put the full purchase amount of the product, at least not until you've given them you're credit card number" If you know "They Always" do this WHY would you give them your credit card # before you found out.

Your making more false statements then they are. They don't charge you $450.00 for the first monthly charge. The first charge is the 19.99 29.99 what ever the special price it was. And the kit comes with make-up that will last (at least me) 4-5 months.

So try it, don't freak out that you got scammed, Well if you think you got scammed it's your own fault. EVEN during the commercial they say "IF" your not happy with it, just return it to us with in the 30 day trail and YOU WILL OWE US NOTHING!! NO red flag no wondering well if I pay the 19.99 why would I owe them and HOW much do they think I owe. Why do they need to rethink it their pricing strategy as long as there are gullibly, naïve, irresponsible consumers they don't have to.

Oh, and usually procrastinating is a character trait that goes along with the other 3. Chances are YOU will NOT honor the contract BUT IT'S THEIR FAULT. You should be grateful usually consumers that are irresponsible and procrastinate DON"T get credit.

They didn't lie you just didn't go to the site and find out you can buy other kits for as low as 99.99 out right.

to Anonymous #1418506

It's "you're" and NOT "your as you continued to use improperly. Did you ever complete grade school?

Lemont, Illinois, United States #996290

I almost ordered the product, too. I'm glad that a quick internet search revealed the scam.

Several unhappy customers went on to say that their card continued to be billed even after the company agreed to cancel their order. You might want to call your bank and ask for a new card number. I keep a prepaid Visa that I got at Walgreens for anything that's remotely suspicious. If it turns out to be a scam, I make sure that there's no money on the card or I go get a new one.

It may cost a few bucks, but it is worth the peace of mind. Good luck!

to Anonymous #996298
Luminess Air Response

I definitely apologize that you feel this way. Here at Luminess Air, we do believe in full disclosure and advertise a 30 day in home trial, to simple give the system a try on our infomercial.

Depending on the system you do decide to try is where the cost will come in.We have no problem customizing and/or rescheduling our customers payments, if need be to better fit their budgets and lifestyle so their able to still be beautiful. Luminess also makes sure at each Point Of Sale, all customers must check Terms and Conditions, stating they have read and understand the 30 day trial, cost of system, makeup club,shipping time frame etc. We also provide an invoice before checking out that again has the trial, monthly payments and makeup club(no obligation) for your Airbrush System.

Luminess Air is an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau and take pride in providing excellent Customer Service to our valued customers. We are always here to answer any questions or concerns, if you would like to contact us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST or you may personally email me Ashley@luminessair.com.

to Luminess Air Response #1012159

This is terrible. No one should have to sort through terms and conditions to find the true price of makeup. Enjoy having a job while Luminess is still around.

dessip
to Anonymous Duluth, Georgia, United States #1272203

LOL What do you think the "Term's and Conditions" are for? You would think that more people would want to a least skim over them.

After all their there for a reason. Luminess is awesome and I'm sure she will have a job for a long time.

Furthermore, as long as your around, so will LAYWERS and infomercials. Learn to read and research people you would think as much as your complaining about getting "ripped off" you would READ the information provided to you OH but that's right "No one should have to sort through the terms and conditions to find the true price of make-up" and YOU RIGHT just go to the web site and see that the systems cost 149.00 to 349.00 dollars.

to Anonymous Trophy Club, Texas, United States #1081023

All you need to do is call your CC company & tell them you're disputing the charges & explain why. They will disallow anymore charges & will credit any previous charges you didn't fully authorize.

Since this company is another fast scammer that deals in deceit they won't dispute on their end, thereby you win by default. Then STOP BUYING *** OFF TV!!

They ALWAYS screw ya! Bastards.....

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #948640

Hi There,

I want to deeply apologize for the misunderstanding there may have been regarding the 30 day in home trial. I do see that the order was placed online through your mobile device.I can certainly understand how the terms and conditions may be missed on a mobile device, as you would have to enlarge the screen every time you enter a new page.We would have been more than happy to accommodate you for the inconvenience this has caused you, as we are not trying to take advantage of our valued customers.Please do not hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST or if you have already returned we will definitely honor a full refund for you.