Luminess Air - SCAM - SCAM - SCAM. Blatantly misleading pricing!

I saw the tv ad that showed pricing to be $29.95.Upon receipt of product I read the packing list and found that they were going to require 5 monthly payments of $69.99 plus payments every month of $39.95 plus S&H for foundation!!!

I was never advised of the payment schedule when I called the company to order the product. I was offered the choice of ordering more foundation but turned it down. I had also gone on their website to see if the offer was a valid one and it was also posted on their website at $29.95.

I would never order makeup that would cost me $450 plus additional future payments for the foundation.Returned product same day!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Cosmetics and Toiletries
review #598081

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Luminess Air? Submit review ›
Helpful? 13 Yes 13 1 No 1
Had the same issue 9 Yes 9
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jan 04 #1088679

It says right on the Comercial "after 30 days you will have 5 payments of 69.99 charged to your credit card on file!" Pay attention people!

1 1 Reply

May 28 #1165647

If you go to website, you'll see that a price is not nailed down. Many products use same sneaky tactics

2 0 Reply

Sep 25, 2015 #1039056

I ordered this system from a tv shopping channel a couple of years ago, plus I went on line and ordered extra make-up. I was somewhat satisfied at first while I was getting used to using it correctly. Before I was proficient in using this product the machine fell apart(the sprayer). I had already had it past the 30 days return policy so I couldn't send it back. Unlike some of the people on here I only paid $145.00 for the original order which I now feel was outragous considering I only got to use it for a little over a month. Such a shame that people are getting ripped off like this. I don't blame the shopping channel as they have been terrific when something has been returned for a full refund.

0 1 Reply

Luminess Air Response Sep 28, 2015

Hi There,
Please know that all Luminess Airbrush System's has a 1 year manufacture warranty, with proof of purchase. There is also no way for the stylus(sprayer) to fall apart unless it is unscrewed or dropped. We have a very helpful video called " Rebuilding Your Stylus" (, which helps customers 95% of the time. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST. Please also know that if you ever have any problems with any companies product, contact the company and they are almost always willing to help :)

1 1 Reply

Jun 18, 2015 #996565

That is what you call false advertising! I also watched the infomercial and I found it to be very misleading. That's the problem with all of the products that you see advertised on television they always say it's a trial and they don't put the full purchase amount of the product, at least not until you've given them you're credit card number. I can't believe that companies can get away with this. I mean who really can afford to spend $450.00 just for the first purchase then a monthly fee on top of that! Luminess I think you need to rethink you're pricing strategy on this item. The cost of you're products are just outrageous!!!

5 4 Reply

Jun 17, 2015 #996290 Lemont, Illinois

I almost ordered the product, too. I'm glad that a quick internet search revealed the scam. Several unhappy customers went on to say that their card continued to be billed even after the company agreed to cancel their order. You might want to call your bank and ask for a new card number. I keep a prepaid Visa that I got at Walgreens for anything that's remotely suspicious. If it turns out to be a scam, I make sure that there's no money on the card or I go get a new one. It may cost a few bucks, but it is worth the peace of mind. Good luck!

12 5 Reply

Luminess Air Response Jun 17, 2015

I definitely apologize that you feel this way. Here at Luminess Air, we do believe in full disclosure and advertise a 30 day in home trial, to simple give the system a try on our infomercial. Depending on the system you do decide to try is where the cost will come in.We have no problem customizing and/or rescheduling our customers payments, if need be to better fit their budgets and lifestyle so their able to still be beautiful. Luminess also makes sure at each Point Of Sale, all customers must check Terms and Conditions, stating they have read and understand the 30 day trial, cost of system, makeup club,shipping time frame etc. We also provide an invoice before checking out that again has the trial, monthly payments and makeup club(no obligation) for your Airbrush System. Luminess Air is an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau and take pride in providing excellent Customer Service to our valued customers. We are always here to answer any questions or concerns, if you would like to contact us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST or you may personally email me

3 3 Reply

Jul 26, 2015 #1012159

This is terrible. No one should have to sort through terms and conditions to find the true price of makeup. Enjoy having a job while Luminess is still around.

7 3 Reply

Dec 19, 2015 #1081023 Trophy Club, Texas

All you need to do is call your CC company & tell them you're disputing the charges & explain why. They will disallow anymore charges & will credit any previous charges you didn't fully authorize. Since this company is another fast scammer that deals in deceit they won't dispute on their end, thereby you win by default. Then STOP BUYING *** OFF TV!! They ALWAYS screw ya! Bastards.....

2 0 Reply

Luminess Air Response Feb 20, 2015

Hi There,
I want to deeply apologize for the misunderstanding there may have been regarding the 30 day in home trial. I do see that the order was placed online through your mobile device.I can certainly understand how the terms and conditions may be missed on a mobile device, as you would have to enlarge the screen every time you enter a new page.We would have been more than happy to accommodate you for the inconvenience this has caused you, as we are not trying to take advantage of our valued customers.Please do not hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST or if you have already returned we will definitely honor a full refund for you.

7 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.